The safety of our teams and guests continues to be our top priority. We have been closely monitoring federal and state guidance and made the decision to cautiously bring our company-owned restaurants back to a full-service model through a phased approach, depending on the local conditions of each location. As before, our restaurants will offer carryout, drive-thru, and delivery where available. As we begin to reopen, we will continue to uphold our robust safety practices in our restaurants, to help ensure that we have the safest environment possible.
In addition to government mandates, we have instituted the following practices at all our restaurants.
- Handwashing: Increased the frequency of handwashing procedures. Proper handwashing with soap and water is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses.
- Gloves and masks: Currently, we are requiring team members at all our corporate restaurant locations to wear masks and single-use gloves. We have increased the shipments of personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies to our restaurants to ensure they are in full supply.
- Dining room social distancing: We have taken steps to reduce seating and make open seating at least six feet in distance from the next available seat.
- Frequent touchpoint cleaning: We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting guest touchpoints. This includes, but is not limited to entry and exit doors and handles, restroom doors and handles, front counter and beverage area countertops, condiment pumps, etc.
- Wellness check: Ensuring all teams are feeling well and are not symptomatic before beginning their shift, with continued monitoring throughout shifts. Any member of the team who is not feeling well is asked to stay home.
In April, the Inspire Brands Foundation, the charitable arm of Inspire Brands, announced the launch of a $1 million COVID-19 relief fund dedicated to supporting childhood hunger and restaurant industry relief efforts. To help support America’s youth and restaurant industry workers through a charitable donation, please visit the Inspire Brands Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund giving page.