All Brands in Portfolio Achieve Record Sales
Arby’s, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin, Jimmy John’s, and SONIC combine for more than 500 domestic restaurant openings in 2021, outpacing industry competitors.
Tightly integrated commercial platform driving record top-line results across brands, performance accelerates the Inspire Brands growth pipeline for 2022 and beyond.
2nd largest U.S. restaurant company closed the year with $27.4B in total domestic system sales, of which over $6B came from digital channels.
Inspire Brands experienced a transformative 2021 as it completed the integration of Dunkin’ Brands and benefited from exceptional performance across the brands in its portfolio, building momentum for propelled growth in 2022 and beyond. The benefits of this integration and Inspire’s commitment to a tightly integrated shared services model fueled its more than $30 billion in total global system sales. Now the second-largest restaurant company in the U.S., Inspire Brands opened over 1,300 restaurants globally (more than 500 domestically) in 2021 and now totals over 22,000 restaurants domestically and nearly 32,000 restaurants globally.
“Over the last year, our team has worked tirelessly to leverage each brand’s growth potential and implement programs with the goal of making them stronger than they would be on their own. This commitment has contributed to our development success this year while positioning us to further accelerate growth in 2022 and beyond,” said Paul Brown, Chief Executive Officer at Inspire Brands. “It’s never been a better time to franchise with Inspire Brands as each of our brands have a significant runway for growth domestically and internationally.”
Inspire’s differentiated group of concepts has allowed its franchisee network to diversify its portfolios with complementary brands, all backed by the strength of the Inspire platform. This has promoted strong cross-brand growth among its franchisee community and enabled operators to leverage Inspire’s streamlined shared services model, including finance, technology, real estate, and construction, as they commit to additional portfolio growth.
Additional highlights include:
- Top-line sales success: Delivered record top-line results across all brands
- Format innovation: Deployed new modular construction, drive-thru only, and digital-only restaurants to ignite increased growth options for franchisees
- Opened the Alliance Kitchen in Atlanta, the first ghost kitchen to be owned and operated by a multi-brand restaurant company
- Introduced its newest brand – Buffalo Wild Wings expects to open 100 Buffalo Wild Wings GO restaurants by year-end 2022.
- Development commitment momentum: Signed nearly 800 new restaurant commitments across all brands in 2021
- Achievement milestones:
- Inspire opened more than 800 restaurants outside the U.S. in 2021, with particularly strong growth and performance in the Middle East and Asia
- SONIC was named the third fast-growing chain in the U.S. according to the Technomic Top 500
- Dunkin’ opened its 300th location in Europe in late October 2021. We see a strong runway for continued growth for the brand through restaurant footprint and omnichannel throughout Europe
- Dunkin’ welcomed its 1,000th Next-Gen restaurant three years after the concept’s launch in Quincy, MA
Fueled by its strong franchisee community, a proven shared services platform, and commitment to innovation, Inspire is poised for historic growth in 2022. To learn more about franchising with Inspire Brands, please visit https://inspirebrands.com/franchising/.